RE: Which criteria used for speedstep policy?

Hi,

Am Mi, den 19.11.2003 schrieb Ow Mun Heng um 10:39:
> I believe the kernel  is now using the centrino_speedstep.c code.

Yes, it does. I loaded the module and I could switch the policy between
powersafe and performance (at least: I could change the content of
/proc/cpufreq).

I'm wondering now what the module is exactly doing. Does the powersafe
policy just set the cpu freq to the minimum and nothing else or does it
enhance the cpu freq on demand, and how such a demand is determined?

Thanks
Peter