Re: yet another UPDATES question (or two)

The repository is probably being updated as you speak .. patience. If not, the repository is corrupted and will still result in failures. This is what you are seeing.

Marc Williams wrote:

I just nosed around the Fedora updates directory and noticed a couple
new ones that hadn't been there earlier - VNC, to be specific.  I hadn't
received any announcement of them in the Fedora Announce list but that
might just be a timing thing.  So I glanced down at my RHN Notification
icon to see if it showed a red bang but it was still a blue check.  Only
when I manually told it to "Check for Updates" did it then turn into a
red bang and tell me that there were two updates available.

Then, after telling up2date to retrieve and install the updates, I
received this warning message after it downloaded one of the VNC files:

The package vnc-server-4.0-0.beta4.3.2 does not have a valid GPG
signature.  It has been tampered with or corrupted.  Continue?

1) Is the Notification Tool not working? 2) What should I do about that warning? For now, I told it not to continue.

1) Am I going to have to manually tell it to check for updates

--
Doug Brott
brott@xxxxxxxx