Re: Installation of fedora

Andy Green wrote:

On Monday 17 November 2003 23:13, Chris K Carter wrote:

6. From the install prompt prompt, selected Local Cdrom as location of core
media.

7.  Fedora Core CD was not found in any cdrom drives.  Please insert the
Fedora Core CD and
    press okay.

What's missing is the type of PC you are installing to.... this exact
behaviour is seen with a Compaq n1500v athlon laptop for example... and there
is a workaround for it.... is that what you have?  If not, give us a clue on
what PC it is.

- -Andy

Ah, ha... yes, my PC that exhibits this behavior is a Compaq Presario 905US with an Athlon Processor. (My son has it at school right now but will be home over the Thanksgiving Holidays)
Can you point me to the information for the workaround?

Thanks,

Lisa