Re: Fedora for laptops ... Re: Dell Precision M60 LapTop (Built-in Wireless) support

On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 23:23:08 -0500
"Jonathan C. Sitte" <jcsitte@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Charles E Taylor IV wrote:
> | What are the advantages of the swsusp over a laptop's own
> | hibernate function(provided the laptop's own hibernate function works
> | with Linux)? All I have to do is hit Fn-F12 - or just hit the power
> | switch - on my computer and it hibernates (suspend-to-disk).  What do
> | I get by trying to get swsusp working?

> This works for you? What laptop do you have and is it using APM or ACPI?
> Can anyone else confirm this? As I said I have the Sony PCG-V505BX.

APM - it's a Thinkpad 570E.  (For what it's worth, I've been able to use
APM suspend/hibermate on Thinkpad 770X/Z, Thinkpad 240/240X, and Thinkpad
600 models - some with a little tweaking).

I was curious if swsusp made the machibe hibernate faster / more reliably,
or whether it was mainly for folks who couldn't get their machines to
hibernate any other way (like, say, my desktop - which doesn't have a
hibernation function).