Re: Fedora for laptops ... Re: Dell Precision M60 LapTop (Built-in Wireless) support

On Mon, 17 Nov 2003, Charles E Taylor IV wrote:

> On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 20:34:42 -0500
> "Jonathan C. Sitte" <jcsitte@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > What interests me is how many people want Linux for the Laptop. Maybe we
> > should call Fedora the Desktop and Mobile solution? It makes sense to me
> > since there seems to be more people wanting Fedora for their laptops
> > than anything else. Maybe just an over site but it does intrigue me.
> > Last I checked I am using it on my laptop. To be able to say that though
> > we need suspend to work, Brightness controls, and whatever else that
> > would you would expect for a laptop for power management.
>
> I'm using a Thinkpad 570E and this is probably the first Linux install
> I've ever done where suspend and hibernate work without ANY tweaking of
> kernel or apmd scripts.
>
> Admittedly, I have no need for ACPI (apm and the bios suspend/hibernate
> work perfectly), but FC1's working beautifully on my Thinkpad.

Its been pretty good so far on a Thinkpad T40.

I don't use hibernate - but - suspend works fine.  Apart from this -
sound, OpenGL work out of the bat (ati radeon 9000). Brightness
control/thinklight work fine.

'modprobe speedstep-centrino' with cpudyn package gets speedstep. And
'madwifi' driver gets the a/b wireless working.

Satish