Re: Mozilla and Epiphany Die

Christopher Blizzard wrote:
Clint wrote:

Thanks for the heads-up on strace. Both sites result in segmentation errors, it seems because of True Type fonts:

open("/usr/share/fonts/zh_CN/TrueType/zysong.ttf", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
--- SIGSEGV (Segmentation fault) @ 0 (0) ---

and a different font withthe google search for emacs.

I couldn't tell that there was a dependable fix at the bugzilla page, and it seems that an attempt to fix it could result in not being able to get logged in via Gnome -- and I definitely don't want to risk that!

If anyone has ideas that I could try, please post!

Please try the rpms that I posted recently for testing to see if it solves this problem. The rpms that you want are all the Mozilla rpms listed here:

http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/testing/1/i386/

The bug that you are seeing is exactly the bug that update tries to solve.

--Chris

Chris - which RPM's are they? I had assumed that the ttfont rpm's would be rebuilt so they would upgrade properly. Or is this an updated Mozilla that traps the font error? If the latter, is there a message output somewhere so the user knows that the fonts aren't all that they can be? Or would Mozilla silently work-around the corrupted font file?

If Mozilla works around a font-file problem, then the real way for Clint to
fix the problem would be grab any extra fonts out of
/usr/share/fonts/zh_CN/TrueType, then uninstall, re-install the problem
fontset:
  rpm -e --nodeps ttfonts-zh_CN
  rm -rf /usr/share/fonts/zh_CN/TrueType
  rpm -Uvh ttfonts-zh_CN-2.13-0.noarch.rpm
Then add extra fonts back in (if desired)  Note that this package only provides
----------------- ttfonts-zh_CN-2.13-0.noarch.rpm
/usr/share/doc/ttfonts-zh_CN-2.13
/usr/share/doc/ttfonts-zh_CN-2.13/arphicpl-gb.txt
/usr/share/doc/ttfonts-zh_CN-2.13/arphicpl.txt
/usr/share/fonts/zh_CN
/usr/share/fonts/zh_CN/TrueType
/usr/share/fonts/zh_CN/TrueType/gbsn00lp.ttf
/usr/share/fonts/zh_CN/TrueType/gkai00mp.ttf
/usr/share/fonts/zh_CN/default-bold.font
/usr/share/fonts/zh_CN/default.font
/usr/share/ghostscript/7.07/lib/CIDFnmap.zh_CN
It doesn't look like zysong.ttf is in the FC1 release, though the new
zh_CN fonts might be equivalent (?).

Cheers -Bob Arendt