irda problems + dual mouse on thinkpad

hey people,

anyone here got an ibm thinkpad t30? anyway, i just did a fresh install on this, completely formatting and removing rh9. i have a logitech usb optical mouse, which i use as an alternative to my touchpad/pointing stick on my thinkpad t30. it used to both work at the same time on rh9. now when i installed fedora, only the usb mouse works. is there any way to get the usb to work, but still keep the touchpad/pointing stick to work as well? what exactly do i need to add to X's configuration?

next question... irda. i've loaded /etc/rc.d/init.d/irda. irda is binded to /dev/ttyS1. when i use pilot-xfer -p /dev/ttyS1 -L, i can list what is on my palm. this only works as root. i've already chmod'd /dev/ttyS1 to 777, made a symbolic link to it called /dev/pilot. loaded up pilot-xfer -L, and, as my normal user, it says it can't bind to /dev/pilot. is there anything else i have to do to make it work with a normal account? this used to work with rh9, where a simple change of permissions work. i've already tried changing owner to my account, but it still doesn't work.

argh.

thanks in advance.

dex

extra question: is it appropriate for people to reply "thanks" to answers that work? or is it better to just leave it, saving some people the bother of downloading unnecessary email? thanks =)