Re: Mailing list suggestion.

Jonathan C. Sitte wrote:
> Artem B. Bityuckiy wrote:
> | Mozilla can perform message filtering by e-mail address. Just create
> | message filter (Tools->Message Filters->New) and add two rules: (subject
> | contains fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx and (to or cc contains
> | fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx)).
>
> I figured that out but what about labels. There are only 5 with 5
> colors. I would like to use more colors than that :/ Know a way to do
> this? If not I will ask the mozilla guys about it.
Hmm, I don't use labels at all. I'm sort messages by folders. I am an
participant of 4 mail lists and I have four separate folders for each
mail list (e.g. fedora, openoffice, etc). Some mail lists have sub-lists
(e.g., openoffice-users, open-office-native-lang, etc) - I've just
created several subfolders in appropriate folders (eg openoffice->users,
openoffice->nativelang, etc). All mails are sorted my folders
automatically. Since some lists are very massive, I use 'sort by
subject' in each folder, this gives recognize mailing threads easily.

To sort by folders use Message filter capabilities. This feature is more
natural than label for this purposes IMHO.