Re: Install Failed copying install image

> I was trying to upgrade RH9 to FC1 but the installer keeps dying while
> copying the install image to the hard drive.  It suggests that I dont
> have enuff room but that is not the problem as far as I can tell.  No
> mount except /boot has less then 1.5GB free.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> The same disks have successfully installed (not upgraded) a test
> machine.
>
> Thanks,
> Scott

I experienced the same problem on a beat up workstation; plenty of room on
20 gig HD, large partitions, etc. Had RH 9 on the machine previously, but
had noted odd messages relating to the i/o for the CD drive in
/var/log/messages prior to blowing it away. The install error message said
'It's likely there's not enough room to complete image transfer...', but
was thoughtfully vague.

Installing a new CD drive fixed it.

Best Regards,

Chris