Re: Install Failed copying install image

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 23:53:05 -0500, you wrote:

>I was trying to upgrade RH9 to FC1 but the installer keeps dying while
>copying the install image to the hard drive.  It suggests that I dont
>have enuff room but that is not the problem as far as I can tell.  No
>mount except /boot has less then 1.5GB free.
>
>Any ideas?

A quick look at
<http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/1/i386/iso/>
and a little adding, comes up with about 1.84 GB total of the three
install ISOs.

Another thing could be the TYPE of install you are trying to do.
Redhat 9 uses about 5 GB for an "everything" install and I *think*
Fedora would be comparable.

>The same disks have successfully installed (not upgraded) a test machine.

How much free space was available on that test machine?

--
Dennis C.