Re: NETWORK ETHERNET PROBLEM

try updating your kernel, 2.6 fixes some problems

From: Glenn English <ghe@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: NETWORK ETHERNET PROBLEM
Date: 13 Nov 2003 18:17:35 -0700

On Thu, 2003-11-13 at 17:06, nipson anomhmata wrote:
> Still no network!ifconfig shows me the i.p. i gave,
> ping does not work for the DNS(network unreachable),
> DNS is on the same network with eth0 (redhat 9.0
> worked fine at the same LAN). When i write netstat
> -rn, all gatewayes are 0.0.0.0!!!!!

The big difference between RH9 and here is that a mere mortal typed in
some info. There's almost certainly a typo in what you entered. There
always is when I hit something like this.

What is the IP and netmask of eth0? Can you ping eth0?

What is the IP of DNS?

And I told you a huge lie - the default route's *destination* is
0.0.0.0, not the gateway. The gateway of the default route should *not*
be 0.0.0.0. What I said was exactly backwards. If the gateways are all
0,0,0,0, you don't have a default route. You'll need one to get to the
Internet, but not to DNS.

--
Glenn English
ghe@xxxxxxxxxxx