Re: Kernel 2.6-test

Kevin Francis wrote:
http://people.redhat.com/arjanv/2.5

If i get the kernel listed there, will i be able to use my 2.4 kernels
as well?

Any issues in particular you other early birds come across you want to
share?

Apart from the yum install kernel-blah what else do i need to do?

I recommend doing a yum update instead. The main reason is you will need the module tools and other things. Yum will install the new kernel not upgrade it. So you should still have your old kernel. Be aware that yum will upgrade things like kernel-source.

  I've not found that any of arjanv's stuff breaks 2.4 kernel support.

-- Your best systems should look as bad as possible from the outside. (The Third Rule of Hardware Acquisition) Sam Flory <sflory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>