RE: up2date behavior

D. Lee Rose  said:
>From what I can find, the rhn-applet does NOT do this.  It appears to
> contact RedHat at http://xmlrpc.rhn.redhat.com/XMLRPC.  Meaning that the
> applet does not simply check for new files at the source urls, it uses the
> RedHat Network software to notify it of new software.  Unless Fedora plans
> to emulate this, there is no use in even having it installed.

Incorrect.  rhn-applet checks for new files in the repositories defined in
/etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources.

You are probably getting confused because there is a bug in rhn-applet
that it doesn't like URL redirects and the default URLs are redirected.
There is a bug in bugzilla for it and a listing of URLs that do work if
you don't want to wait for the fix.

--
William Hooper