Re: FW: Other platforms

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003, Sam Warren wrote:

> So Jeremy, you are saying that if I put the Fedora CD's in an Athlon system,
> Anaconda will automatically detect it? Or if I start Fedora install on my
> s390 Anaconda should recognize that as well?
>
> Sam

If you put your CDs into an An Athlon System, Anaconda will detect it, and
install the appropriate optimized kernel.  If you put your Fedora install
CD on you s390, the kernel that boots to start Anaconda will not run.
That said, if you did a buildinstall using the Anaconda runtimes that
ship with Fedora, and built a CD set using an s/390 compiled tree, the
same anaconda should recognise and install appropriately without changes
to the Anaconda code on s/390,or any other Red Hat supported architecture.

Justin M. Forbes