Re: Panel problems

On Tue, 2003-11-11 at 12:04, Trevor Barton wrote:
> I don't seem to be able to create any panel other than a normal ordinary panel;
> when I right click on the existing panel the "New Panel" menu item does not open
> a submenu as it did on RH9 and I see no other way of creating corner, floating,
> etc panels, or even menu panels.  Is it just me, or am I missing something
> obvious, or is it just broken?  I've tried gnome-panel from the standard install
> and also from ftp://czarc.net/pub/ but neither work.
>
> I must be missing something?

It's not a bug, it's a feature. :) In GNOME 2.4, they've done away with
the different panel types.  There's now just the one, but it has all the
options the others used to have, but with certain enhancements.  For
example, you can simulate a menu panel by creating a thin top panel,
adding the "Menu Bar", and locking it in place on the far left.

--
Ben Steeves                     _                    bcs@xxxxxxxxxx
 The ASCII ribbon campaign     ( )               ben.steeves@xxxxxx