Panel problems

I don't seem to be able to create any panel other than a normal ordinary panel; when I right click on the existing panel the "New Panel" menu item does not open a submenu as it did on RH9 and I see no other way of creating corner, floating, etc panels, or even menu panels. Is it just me, or am I missing something obvious, or is it just broken? I've tried gnome-panel from the standard install and also from ftp://czarc.net/pub/ but neither work.

I must be missing something?

Trev

--
Trevor Barton
Isotek Electronics Ltd., 9 Clayton Wood Bank, Leeds, LS16 6QZ, UK.