Re: libcom_err.so.3 question: ahem, a newbie question

OK, how about the following "fix"? Or is it not a fix?

I install the older version of krb5-workstation.... this of course gives me the
.so.3. Now I upgrade to the newer version using rpm -Uvh ....will this not keep
the old .so.3 and also allow me the newer krb5 stuff which I assume would have
the more recent security stuff?

Does this make any sense?

Thanks!