Re: Fedora Core 1 + KDE unstable?

On Mon, 2003-11-10 at 18:41, Dennis Gilmore wrote:
> Once upon a time at band camp Tue, 11 Nov 2003 1:44 am, Ogden, Aaron A. wrote:
>

> > 1) Fedora Core 1 + KDE has serious problems.
> > 2) Fedora kernel 2.4.22-nptl.2116 (or whatever) has serious problems
> > 3) Nvidia Nforce2 drivers are defective
>
> I have two systems with Fedora Core 1 installed and both only have KDE and i
> have not experienced any unstability at all.  I have used both the 2.4.22
> kernel supplied with Fedora  and arjan's 2.6 test kernels  so i suspect that
> its related to the Nvidia drivers.  set them back to the opensource nv driver
> and see if that fixes your problem  that will at least eliminate them as a
> source.

I have four Fedora systems, running the latest Fedora kernel, all with
GeForce 4 MX cards running the commercial 4496 nVidia drivers and KDE.
No problems here either.  I was a little surprised to read the
seriousness of the problems some have reported.  Maybe it's an issue
with the latest nVidia drivers?

--
| Silicon Dairy, LLC.      802.846.4433 x101        | 0        ||----w |