Re: which way to jump some advice please

On Sun, 9 Nov 2003, Roger Beever wrote:

>Hi. I'm new to the list so lease forgive me if I missed a post
>that covers my question. But please point me to it as I have
>obviously missed it. I'm planning to run a personal web and mail
>server and the usual email and browsing / desktop. Plus the
>usual personal office (star office) type functions. Will the
>fedora project be stable enough or will I have to spend a lot
>more on the enterprise solution ? (assuming I don't grab each
>new version as soon as it his the servers of course) Currently
>running RH 9 so I guess I have a little while to decide which
>way to jump. Regards Roger

It depends on your own personal needs, and what level of
guarantee you need.  If you absolutely require long term support
and can't upgrade with each release every n months, or don't want
to risk wether the Fedora Legacy projects will be suitable enough
for your needs or not, then perhaps RHEL is best for your
purposes.  However if you can upgrade when new releases come out,
and are willing to accept updates that sometimes will be new
versions instead of backported security fixes, and other similar
changes, then perhaps Fedora Core is adequate enough for your
needs.