Re: Minimal installation

Rodolfo J. Paiz wrote:

At 06:22 11/9/2003, you wrote:

Wouldn't something like Trustix (min 70-90MB) be the solution to a small installation??

I don't think RH or FC were really designed to be minimaly installed distros.. Especially now that you can't customise the package installation.. :(

Just a thought.. :)

Good point, too. However, what _I_ want to do is not to find the smallest possible Linux installation of all time (even though I have used and liked Trustix in the past). My desire is to have the smallest practical workable FEDORA system, with stock packages, just by picking and choosing. Betcha we get down to 200MB soon.

Well I will stay tuned.. A smaill minimal install will be really usefull for putting together single function servers like mail or web or samba and not killing a whole 1GB in the process.... :)

Later..