Re: NVIDIA (again)

ERIC KLINGER wrote:

How did you get past the gcc error with the install? (I had to use "export CC=gcc32 to get it installed). Or did you not have one? Are you using driver 4496? From the looks of your XF86Config, you should be flying. I am actually getting about 200 fps faster in Fedora then RH9.

I'd already read up on the mailing list so I set CC=gcc32 straight off. I'm using 4496 which I downloaded some time ago, and just transferred from my old partition.

Axel Thimm wrote:

Scott,

why don't you make it easy and grap rpms like the ones at
http://atrpms.physik.fu-berlin.de/name/nvidia-graphics/

Follow the instructions in the rpm descriptions (ModulePath stuff) and
you are ready.

I checked out the link to http://www2.educ.umu.se/~peter/nvidia/ but the P4 directory turned me off. I've had a look at your site but the layout is a bit confusing for me. I did download an RPM since you sent the link. I run the stock FC kernel so it errored on install. I forced it with --nodeps (what the hell, the install is only a day old...) but the nvidia.o module did not load (big surprise). I also got errors on installing the RPM to do with atrpm type commands. I could not find any instructions with rpm -qpi <rpm> - where should I be looking?

Scott