Re: Fedora Boot failure

Jeroen van Tilburg wrote:

Hello,

I am trying to install Fedora core 1 (with GRUB) on the following pc :

Asus P4B with latest bios upgrade, 256 Mb ram, Maxtor 80 Gb harddisk, Intel
PIV 1.5 Ghz.
Installation works fine, but at the end of the process after the graphical
screen disappears,
a lot of these text messages show up : rpm, fatal region error, run recovery

After that, when rebooting (by pressing Enter on the Grub entry) I get the
message file not found error 15 and nothing happens, the system won't boot
I also tried with : Force Lba32 but this did not lead to success.

When you boot the install CD's did you "Check for Errors" or "SKIP"?
Have you ever checked your hard disk for bad blocks?
How old is your BIOS Flash version?
Are you doing a full clean disk install, or a dual boot install?