Re: Eth0 stuck in 10Mb mode

Joseph M Bironas wrote:

In further weirdness, it looks as if when issuing the mii-tool command,
that the card is actually changing it's speed and duplex but the app is
never reporting on the change. Very odd. File transfers remain sluggish
at best, and the error count on the interface keeps climbing. Any
suggestions to point me in the direction of effectively debugging this
are greatly appreciated.

Check /proc/interrrupts and look through the options for "hdparm" *WARNING* this could cause problems for your filesystem if your drive/ide-chipset doesn't like these settings.

Setting "hdparm -u1 -d1 -c1 /dev/hda" for me resolved a lot of file transfer
problems on some boxes. Had no effect on others. Don't really know why
other than that maybe the interrupts for the NIC/ IDE devices were somehow to fault.???