Re: XFS filesystem support in Fedora

Does this mean that the just released Fedora core 1 is still based on 2.4 Kernel ?

Vangel

At 07:14 PM 11/6/2003 -0300, you wrote:
On Thu, 6 Nov 2003, Mike Burger wrote:

> Are there any plans to include SGI's XFS filesystem support into Fedora's
> kernels and/or installers?

<imho>

XFS support in 2.4 kernels require too much API rewrite, and don't seem to
be useful such an effort when 2.6 is out of the door, with vanilla XFS
support included.

> Such support would be incredibly appreciated.

Shure it would, but unpractical (in terms of development I mean) for now
until a couple of next releases that ships 2.6 kernels.

</imho>

--
Fabian Arias
fabian@xxxxxxxx