Re: please use BitTorrent

At 17:37 11/5/2003, you wrote:
Sadly, no. I'm already running the latest version, and downgrading doesn't
fix it either :-(

So, of you have a BESR41 router, get a friend to download it :-)

I don't know whether this will help you at all. But just for comment's sake, I have a Linksys something-something WAP11 wireless access point. This is NOT a router. But it turns out that the thing uses the same chip as the D-Link equipment, and in order to get the thing to use a higher transmission power I was able to put D-Link firmware on it. Google for "WAP11 hack" to find relevant stuff.

IF the problem is in the firmware, and IF D-Link (or someone else) uses the same chip inside as Linksys, then PERHAPS someone out there has already worked around this by using someone else's firmware. Then again, if the problem is in the chip, or if no other manufacturer uses this chip with its own firmware, or whatever... get a friend to download Fedora.

-- Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx