Re: "Granny - Just edit your Registry!" Re: hoax or bad taste jokeby Redhat's CEO?

On Thu, 2003-11-06 at 08:33, Justin L Croonenberghs wrote:
> On a unrelated note;
>
> I really don't understand where people have all these problems with
> 2000/XP...95/98/Me is perfectly understandable, given their status as
> abominations. But clean installs of 2000/XP have never given me trouble.
> I've bluescreened them once, and that was after foolishly trying to use a
> very old piece of hardware that only has 9x real mode drivers.

You have never tried to install WinXP with an Epson Photo 700 inkjet
printer plugged in.  It crashes the install every time.

I've never had linux crash on instal because a printer was connected.

> Maybe I drink different water?

Maybe different hardware.

I ran WinXP on one system until SP1 came out and the EULA demanded a
give them back door access to my system to mess about, unannounced, with
"operating system components".

No, ta. This is my system and I'm on control.

Format C: -> Where did I put those RedHat/Fedora Linux discs?

--
Steve Withers <swithers@xxxxxxxxxx>