Re: hoax or bad taste joke by Redhat's CEO?

Howard Owen wrote:

<opinion texture="raw">

Mr. Szulik spoke the truth regarding the current suitability of Linux
for the home market, I have no doubt. But his recommendation that users
buy Windows instead burns my bottom. Red Hat clearly isn't attempting to
address the home market, but other Linux vendors are. Matthew Szulik's
vote of confidence for Windows at home sows salt in a field that he
doesn't care to plant. This would be despicable if it were deliberate. I
don't believe that's the case, so it's only highly annoying.

</opinion>

Hmmm, so you are saying that he should lie? Or maybe just refuse to comment?
I'm not saying you are off-base, I am just looking at your comments from a skeptical
position. I see the grain of truth in what Mr. Szulik said, like you do. I also see
how some people could be angry that he said it, and feel that he was being very
ruthless in doing so. But I also think it is more likely that he was just speaking his
mind, and I like that.

I don't think Lycoris or Lindows or Xandros or Mandrake or
whatever they are need handholding. They can speak for themselves. It isn't
Szulik's job to pamper them.