Re: mirror suggestion

Brian Collins said:

>>Hello list, I wanted to post a suggestion. It seems that only a very
>> small
>>handful of the 'redhat mirrors' actually carry severn. I tried > 12
>>mirrors that I've used in the past, not a one had it. After asking on
>> IRC,
>>I got one mirror. So far, bandwidth to it is about 5K/s (not my end), and
>>of course ftp.redhat.com is hosted on a dialup.
>
> I host severn on my mirror, but we have yet (after 15 months) to show up
> on
> the mirror list.

Severn is a beta.  A number of mirrors probably don't want to use their
drive space for a beta.  I'm sure some only mirror the tree when a new
release is out and don't bother with the betas.

Rawhide was being used for test.  Even fewer mirrors want to use the
bandwidth to keep Rawhide up to date.

--
William Hooper