Re: The more I read the confuser I get.

Chuck Wolber wrote:

> Like the previous poster said, now that RedHat has made its move, small
> businesses (like mine) and *.edu are taking it up the ass. That's pretty
> much life and I'm willing to accept that without complaint. RedHat needs
> to be reminded though that it's in poor taste to throw it back in our
> faces telling us to "pay up or shut up".

Why is there so much noise about this *now* ?

http://www.redhat.com/archives/redhat-watch-list/2002-December/msg00008.html

I believe people had more than one year to do something about this.

Fedora is free($$$$, sources and binaries), if you need longer lifetime
is because you are going to *win money* with it. And Red Hat wants
his part, this is capitalism. If you hate it, sorry URSS was going down :-)

Red Hat sells products/services. If you like it, pay for it.
If you hate it, change you to another distribution.

Other thing is on *.edu, *.org and nonprofit organizations *without
lucrative aims/projects*
I believe Red Hat _should relax_ RHEL license or doing lower prices.

Something like Free Solaris Binary License Program
http://wwws.sun.com/software/solaris/binaries/bcl.html
http://wwws.sun.com/software/solaris/binaries/

--
HTML mails are going to trash automagically