Re: Fedora and RHN

Am Sa, den 01.11.2003 schrieb Randall Wood um 21:43:
> Hello all:
>
> I am running Fedora Core Release 1 and have a couple of questions:
>
> Is a replacement for the Red Hat Network Alert Notification Tool in the
> works for Fedora-Core or are there some settings I can tweak to be able
> to continue to use that tool to check that updates are or are not
> available?
The RHN applet is now "yumified". It supports all sources given in
/etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources. So you can use RHN icon and up2date as you
used to, now you can even keep track of third party software, e.g
mozilla or freshrpms etc.

> Also, does anyone know if the RHN will support a Fedora channel? I have
> a RHL 9 headless box in the closet that I use RHN to control package
> updating/installation/removal on and would like to be able to use such
> a service to continue to do so.
With yum there is no need for a "channel" nor a subscription, you just
pick the next yum-enabled fedora mirror near you

And, as someone else already mentioned, you can use apt and Synaptic,
too.

Christoph
--
Christoph Wickert <christoph.wickert@xxxxxx>