Re: A good book on C Programming?

On Sun, 2003-12-28 at 17:47, Robert L Cochran wrote:
> Are the Stevens' books on Unix/Unix Network programming really that
> good? How many others endorse them?
>
> The first edition of "Advanced Programming in the UNIX Environment" is
> dated 1992. No subsequent editions, so this is an 11 year old book. A
> little old for today's progressive programmers, maybe?
>
> Bob

Nope.  Not all.  You can probably get away with acquiring all volumes of
"UNIX Network Programming."  However, "Advanced Programming in the UNIX
Environment" is definitely still relevant.  I have the older
single-volume of "UNIX Network Programming" but Stevens released an
update, which is a multi-volume set, just before he passed away.  His
passing was a great loss for the world but we will remember him, because
of his excellent contributions to the world -- namely his books.

--
Bruce W. Bigby
http://home.rochester.rr.com/bigbyofrocny