Re: A good book on C Programming?

Are the Stevens' books on Unix/Unix Network programming really that good? How many others endorse them?

The first edition of "Advanced Programming in the UNIX Environment" is dated 1992. No subsequent editions, so this is an 11 year old book. A little old for today's progressive programmers, maybe?

Bob