Re: up2date problems

On Sat, 2003-12-27 at 16:54, Toh Boon Wee wrote:

> 1) I keep getting a prompt that the GPG signature is incorrect. I
> installed FC1 from scratch and installed all the necessary keys.
>
> 2) When the packages are downloaded, I was prompted to click 'Forward'
> to begin the installation process. When I clicked the 'Forward' button,
> up2date 'died' and the process was terminated automatically.

	I got this several times too.  It seems to occur when bandwidth is low
(at least it looked that way to me speeds <2kb/Sec).  You can either try
back later or (better) use one of the mirrors that can be found on the
fedora mirrors page (sorry I don't have a link handy but it is right
next to the download page at fedora.redhat.com)
	In the meantime, it is better to quit up2date until you have all
packages.  Up2date will keep all packages and only downloads what it
couldn't get, when you re-connect.
	Probably a good idea if we all started picking mirrors close to home as
fedora is getting popular.

Scott