Re: YUM & Kickstart

On Sat, 27 Dec 2003, Matt Whiteley wrote:

> This is the functionality that I am working towards:
>
> Client runs kickstart.
> Anaconda mounts and starts from NFS.
> Client mounts yum repository via NFS.
> Client installs desired load with all updated packages.
> Client stays up to date with yum repository.
>
> I have a yum repository setup and installed clients stay up to date just
> fine.  What I need is for Anaconda to use the newest RPM either from base
> or updates to install with the kickstart.

I seem to remember that there is a way to do this but I do not remember what
it is.

> I know I can make a minimal install and then use yum to install the
> majority of the RPMs, but then what ever is in the base install would have
> to be updated by hand (or script) seperately.

Why not run yum update in %post? That is what I do. I then do a
yum groupinstall somegroups. This has the advantage of being able to reboot
the machine and finish the install should the %post stuff fail for some
reason.

HTH,