Re: LTP results on FC1?

leam wrote:

I just read the "Putting Linux reliability to the test" article on IBM's developerWorks site, and it references the "Linux Test Project".

http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/library/l-rel/?ca=dgr-lnxw01LTP

http://ltp.sourceforge.net/ltphowto.php#1

I'm not overly familier with test suites, are there others we can run against our systems and help provide data? Are there particularly useful test sequences we can run?

I've had a cursory look at the contents of the latter (second link in the above message).
Though it's obviously for developers, I wonder if an ordinary user like myself
(non-programmer) might use / find this of use, and perhaps provide some feedback?

IMHO, though I am on a standalone machine connected to the Internet, and not
running server, it appears that some of the tests *could* return useful information
on the state and performance of my hardware... am I correct in so assuming?

Elton  8>\    ( <---.... somewhat confused penguin emoticon)

"You only live once: let's make life BETTER for each other."
LINUX User #193975 [AMD ATHLON CPU] ICQ #149608718.