Re: Installing Fedora Outside First 4 GB

Hi!

Should be no problem, my first partition is a 90GB Windows partition followed by a Fedora partition.......I have several similar installations (on my laptop, at home etc.)

good luck
/johan

Holden McGroin wrote:

Hi!

A friend told me that it wasn't possible to install Linux outside of the first 4 Gb on the disk. Does anyone know if this is true or not? They have a hard disk of 20 Gb and have Windows 2000 installed on the first 10 Gb of the disk, with the remainder unpartitioned. Ideally, they'd just like to know if it's possible before they try to install it. Are there any limitations on where you can install Fedora on the disk (assuming there's enough free space to hold Fedora)?

Cheers,
Holden