Re: cannot get Modem Lights to make or break dialup connection-correction

--__--__--

Message: 14
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2003 16:05:38 -0600
From: Dennis Calhoun <dcalhoun@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: cannot get Modem Lights to make or break dialup connection
To: fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx

I've tried pretty much everything I can think of and nothing is doing
the trick. Is there any way to make the Modem Lights applet actually
DO something to establish and/or terminate my dialup connection?

It's nice to be able to see something on the taskbar, not buried under
other windows like the kPPP does, but it would be much nicer if I
could get the Modem Lights to work as it looks like it should.

--
Dennis C.

I just asked this about a week ago and the answer that was given to me was to ask if I was using the ISP account name instead of ppp0 after ifup and ifdown in the Modem lights preferences. I wasn't and it now works fine after making that change.

(By ISP account name I mean the name I gave to account when configured)