How to test sendmail security (no relaying)?

I have sendmail running, and set it up so I can receive mail from anywhere.

I've done some rudimentary testing to make sure relaying is not allowed, but I'm sure there's people out there more clever than I when it comes to hacking into/through systems.

Just like the www.grc.com site that will do a port scan and report it's findings, it would be very cool if there was a tool to relay a message through a specified smtp server. (The message would be generated by the test tool so the tool itself could not be used to send spam)

Anyway... does anybody have any suggestions for how to really test the security (specifically guarding against unauthorized relaying).

Thanks,

Don Russell

(North America: Pacific Time Zone)

        \|/