Re: up2date not automatic

In a hurry I said:

> Some of these do not seem to be 'yum' ready.  Perhaps
> I have had too much rum fruitcake.
>
> Running up2date.... it seems the headers are not handy.

After some eggnog (just kidding) and scratching my head
http://fedora.redhat.com/download/mirrors.html is a starting
point to compose your Fedora config lines for yum or up2date.

It dawns on me that this download/mirrors.html is for lots of
different redhat distributions.  So...

To get the full path it may be necessary to visit the site by
hand with a browser and drill down a little.  Good guesses may
work once the structure is understood.

For example on the mirrors.html page there is a line:

   http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora/core/

For Fedora this needs to be more fully qualified.  Something like
this pair:

   http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora/core/updates/1/i386/
   http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora/core/1/i386/os/	<--unchecked

Anyhow by running the tool from a command line and paying
attention to the error boxes it is possible to drill down and
find what you need to add to the basic mirror URL be it http or
ftp.

So far the mirrors I have selected are faster... so this is worth
doing.

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l
	mitch48 -a*t- yahoo-dot-com