Re: up2date not automatic

On Wednesday 24 December 2003 13:13, Tom Mitchell wrote:
> On Wed, 24 Dec 2003, Mike Klinke wrote:

> > > Good point.  Is there a list of mirrors somewhere?
> >
> > See this page:
> >
> > http://fedora.redhat.com/download/mirrors.html
>
> Some of these do not seem to be 'yum' ready.  Perhaps
> I have had too much rum fruitcake.
>
> Running up2date.... it seems the headers are not handy.
>
>  An HTTP error occurred:
>  Status Code: 404
>  Error Message: Not Found

I scouted around a little before I used the URL.  The first two update
mirror sites I looked at both had the "headers" directory so I gave
the it a shot with them listed in the sources configuration file and
they worked fine.  I suppose just pick the one with the headers
directory that suits you best.  Give it a --dry-run if you feel too
light-headed from the cake.

Merry Christmas!

Regards,  Mike Klinke