Re: Problems with kernel version

jonshado@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Silly me, left stuff on the server, on the system drive that i need, so i can't
just do a clean install. Right now i'd just like to get the files off of there
that i need and then do a wipe of the system and install Fedora from scratch.
(I have burned ISOs). So i need to get modprobe working. Which may mean i need
to recompile the kernel? Or should i try the Fedora upgrade again? As you can
tell from the message, i'm a little frazzled. Any insights are greatly
appreciated.

Probably the easiest thing to do would be to disconnect your hard drive with the data you want to save and get a new drive, install FC1 cleanly, then mount the old drive as a second disk and copy the data you need to the new drive.