Re: Fwd: Promise SATA Module ?

On Tue, Dec 23, 2003 at 07:34:32AM -0800, Shawn D. Hamby wrote:
> There were some other posts on the list yesterday about SATA boards
> working with the  2.4.22-1.2135.nptl kernel.

That doesn't let you install to a promise root disk.  If you are
already installed and just want to add disks, then yeah, you can
use the new kernel with no problem.

> I take it my Promise controller is not included with that patched
> kernel?  Anything particular not working with that kernel to keep it in
> test?

That kernel should support your controller, which is in the FastTrak
S150 TX2plus family.  We'd certainly want to know if it doesn't.

michaelkjohnson

 http://people.redhat.com/johnsonm/lad/