Re: Another up2date error

leam wrote:

William Hooper wrote:

leam said:

Is there
a mirror list somewhere? Didn't see one on the Fedora site.

Download -> Mirrors

http://fedora.redhat.com/download/mirrors.html

*bleagh* I need a nap before I start sending these e-mails......

Thanks!

leam

Hmmm.... putting a mirror in the /etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date file for both the noSSLserverUrl and serverUrl, and removing them from the disallowConfChanges line didn't seem to help, it still tries to go to Red Hat.

I used http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/fedora/linux/core/ as the up2date target.

Am I doing something else wrong? Rather, *what* am I doing wrong?

ciao!

leam

You have to be in the directory that contains the header information. To get the standard updates for the release put something like tthe below in the /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources file.

yum static-fed http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/fedora/linux/core/1/i386/os/

for the pre-QA approved updates you would need the below entry.

yum pre-QA-Updates http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/fedora/linux/core/updates/testing/1/i386/

For updates that were QA approved you would put the below.

yum QA-approved-updates http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/fedora/linux/core/updates/1/i386/

Also, if you are having trouble with it saying that there is no channel avalable. Make sure that the line that says.

up2date default

is commented to the below format. This stops the RHN checkin, based on your release channel.

### up2date default

I hope this helps,

Jim