Re: cdplayer

trufflesdad wrote:

I have setup my cdplayer and made the link to hdc done a chmod 666 but
the player will not play in the gui nor from cdplay...The cd drive is spinning and it will eject and close ok..I can rip a disk to /home/user/music and
play from there but not from the player.I have read all the info in
/usr/src/linux docs but can see nothing wrong...The player is a Liteon
and is ok in Mandrake and Debian....I have setup the sound with sndconfig and
all is ok there.....Any advice appreciated...I get no error messages in
/var/log/messages about the cd either...

Check the audio cable from the cd to the soundcard. Have you tried a cd with XMMS?