config help please

Hello everyone
I am currently running Fedora Core 1 on my Sony Vaio Laptop. Everything works except the sound correctly and I cannot seem to get the usb drive to work. I just bought a 256mb cruzer. I also read the an article on mounting the drive, but it does not seem to work for me.

Maybe I am doing something wrong or I am just lost. Can anyone offer me some assistance?
Thanks

Below is the link that I read in order to get this to work.
Thanks