Re: dvd drive under FC1

Nasty way:
      As root ln -s /dev/cdrom /dev/dvd

HTH

David Ballester Montolio
Responsable de Sistemas y Comunicaciones
Kern Pharma, S.L.
www.kernpharma.com

GNU!

|         |           Boon Wee           |
|         |           <boonwee@xxxxxxxxx>|
|         |           Enviado por:       |
|         |           fedora-list-admin@r|
|         |           edhat.com          |
|         |           23/12/2003 09:12   |
|         |           Por favor, responda|
|         |           a fedora-list      |
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                                             |
  |     Para:     fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx                                                                                        |
  |     cc:                                                                                                                     |
  |     Asunto:   dvd drive under FC1                                                                                           |

Hi,

I just installed a fresh FC1. The question I have is that my dvdrw drive
is recognised as /dev/cdrom0 in my /etc/fstab and there is no /dev/dvd.
I have another cdrw drive recognised as /dev/cdrom1.

What should I do to make the system recognise a dvd drive?

Sorry for asking a seemingly stupid question. This is the first time I
am playing around with a dvd drive.

Rgds,
Boon Wee