UP or SMP kernel when only 1 processor detected on SMP system?

Hi,

I've been having problems with RHEL detecting the hyperthreading and only
showing 1 cpu on a server I am installing recently.  This is despite both
the installer and Fedora Core 1 detecting multiple cpus.

As a general question if I get the same problem in my Fedora installs,
does it make a difference in stability in this case to keep using the SMP
version of the kernel or would I be better advised to drop back to the UP
version of the kernel until the bug can be resolved?

--
Regards,