Fedora Core 1.0, kernel-2.6.0-0 & PS2 keyboard problem

I'm having problems using a ps2 keyboard with the just released 2.6
kernel and Core 1.0.  I downloaded, configured, compiled & installed the
released 2.6.0 kernel (kernel-source-2.6.0-0.1.14.i386.rpm) and
everything went smoothly until I tried to login from the 1st console (X
is turned off locally) and the keyboard didn't work.  Thinking I had
done something stupid when I rolled by own kernel, I pulled down a
prebuilt kernel (kernel-2.6.0-0.1.14.i686.rpm) and installed it.  No
change.

The situation is I can telnet in or use remote X and everything works as
it should but when I try to use the local ps2 keyboard in the default
text console, the system doesn't seem to recognize it.  I can boot with
the original kernel (2.4.22-1.2115.nptl) and the keyboard works
correctly in the text consoles.

I've searched the archives, but haven't found anything that fits this
problem.  Anyone have any ideas?

The hardware is an elderly ASUS P3B-F with 512M & 300Mhz processor.  It
has USB, but no devices.  No ATA, SCSI disk & CDROM hung off an Adaptec
2940 Ultra2 SCSI adapter.

Tnx

Cokey

F. 'Cokey' de Percin, DBA       Email: