Re: Help me get SpamAssassin working on FC1, please, I am getting swamped

On Mon, 2003-12-22 at 06:12, Andre Meyer wrote:
> I have switched my MTA to Postfix, because
> most manuals suggest using this, added the necessary stuff to the
> configuration files and created the spam user (why is this necessary?). What
> is missing?

I just finished replacing an RH9 install running qmail and SpamAssassin
with an FC1 machine running Postfix and SpamAssassin.  The new install,
which is running on the same hardware as the old one, is running quite
happily and tagging all incoming e-mail happily.  I followed the
instructions here:

http://moin.godoy.homeip.net:81/moin/moin.cgi/Postfix_2bProcmail_2bSpamAssassin_2bPostfix_2bCyrus_2dIMAPd

About the only thing I did that isn't mentioned there is that I changed
the 'filter' user's shell to /sbin/nologin.  Other than that, it "just
worked".

Cheers,
	Ben
--