Re: Help me get SpamAssassin working on FC1, please, I am getting swamped

On Mon, 2003-12-22 at 04:12, Andre Meyer wrote:

> I have tried to get rid of the mass of spam mails that I receive using
> Spamassassin on my FC1 machine. I used this machine as a single user desktop
> computer. After going through various manuals* on how to configure
> Spamassassin I still cannot get it invoked and no X-Spam headers are
> inserted when I look at the mails in Evolution. spamd is running and I can
> use spamc manually on test mails. I have switched my MTA to Postfix, because
> most manuals suggest using this, added the necessary stuff to the
> configuration files and created the spam user (why is this necessary?). What
> is missing?

Is this a Fedora created package from Fedora itself or did you compile
your own?  If Fedora related, make sure you have /etc/procmailrc file,
and that it has this below in it...

INCLUDERC=/etc/mail/spamassassin/spamassassin-default.rc (*may* need to
restart spamassassin after fixing if not)

Then you should also have /etc/mail/spamassassin dir as well.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"It's funny until someone gets hurt...then it's hilarious!"